torsdag 30. april 2015

For the love of Milk Paint

How excited is it possible to get when a bag of milkpaint drops in your mailbox??
Pretty excited, I`ll have you know! If it wasnt for me driving the car down to the mailbox (we came from the grocery store. Its not like I take the car just to get the mail!...) I am very sure I would have skipped all the way home. Haha...

I while back I got four old wooden chairs from some lady who was actually throwing them away. I KNOW! Who does that??
Anyway, I took them offcourse, but they have been sitting in the basement evers since. Because, well, we actually have dining chairs allready. But they dont really go with the look that I am trying to achieve. Unfortunately for me, my husband dont care....

Not long ago, Miss Mustard Seed Milkpaint launched a new range of colors. Now, I do love colors, they just fit in with our interior. I am more of a neutral gal`with a splash of wood and soft pastels.
So when I read about the new color Marzipan, I knew that was it for my old wooden chairs.







These will look so good when the milkpaint gets a good, light sanding, distressing and some wax.
Cant wait to finish them. Who knows, maybe even my husband will aprove....

One down, three to go!






Shared over at

7 kommentarer:

  1. That is wonderful you got them for free! They are going to look so pretty with their new paint! I haven't tried milk paint yet, but I really want to!

    SvarSlett
  2. Thank you Lisa! You should really try it! It is quite something specials :)

    SvarSlett
  3. Ooooh! Can't wait to see the after!! It will inspire me since I have chairs that need repainting. EEK! *nail biting*

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I am glad you liked it Michele ;) I have only painted one out of four chairs so far.... ehem...
      I will post when all is done, and hopefully I can inspire you even more;)

      Slett
  4. I haven't tried milk paint yet....still trying to conquer chalk paint! I just know your chairs will look lovely when you are done!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hi AnnMarie! So glad you stopped by:) You know, milk paint isnt THAT different from chalk paint. They are both very easy to work with:) I think you shoul give it a try!

      Slett
  5. Thank you Holly! I am so glad you liked it;)

    SvarSlett

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are all very apreciated!