onsdag 18. november 2015

Mid century vanity desk

Hello everyone!
It has been a while, I will admit. But I have been working on some things for our house.
We got a new dining table (free!) and so I have been putting my self AND my husband at work so that it would be finished and ready by the holidays (wich by the way are creeping up on us fast!)

Now, on to my latest make.
I bought a very cheap teak vanity desk. The formal owner had allready painted it white, so there was nothing I could do to savour the teak wood.
I knew right away that I wanted to play with this piece of furniture, and actually use some color for a change. I usually play it safe with neutrals, so this was absolutely out of my comfort zone. But I think I did a good job, and hey! It sold within two days, so I could`nt be happier!

Here is the before



The paint was in very bad shape, with thick brush strokes. Not a very good paint job...
But the mirrors were in lovely condition! No stripes or spots (except from the one down to the left there. Thats an old sticker I removed).


And the after:




I used Miss Mustard Seeds Leylas Mint. It was the perfect green minty color for this piece and it gave it a sort of 60`s feeling. 
  





The inside of the two side compartments and the drawer was in perfect condition, so I did not go in there with the paint brush. I lined the drawer and the fronts with this awsome wallpaper with matching colors. Is`nt that cool??





I was very suprised to find out that the fronts flip down, instead of out like regular doors. An interesting touch!




And finally, just to make it a LITTLE bit more interesting, I spray painted  bronze "socks" on the legs.
What do you think?





This mid century vanity makeover makes me happy! And I really got to test my self by going out of the  box and think in other directions. 
There`s one lucky girl out there who is getting this for christmas! The guy who bought it wanted to give it for his girlfriend as a present. 

On to the next one!









Shared over at:





2 kommentarer:

  1. I love this, it turned out so beautiful and perfect mid century style. thank you for stoping by and I am so happy to find your blog, I love it
    Stína

    SvarSlett
  2. Hi Stina! Thank you very much for your sweet comment! I am glad you stopped by :)

    SvarSlett

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are all very apreciated!